Monday, May 19

I THINK I'VE FALLEN IN LOVE...

I finally got around to viewing Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency this weekend... and it was so much better than my wildest dreams.

I remember really wanting to see the show, when it first came on the air, but we don't get that channel on our cheap, crappy cable plan. I, like many gay men, fell in love with Janice on America's Next Top Model (which hasn't been nearly as good since Ms. Dickinson departed). She's brazen, blunt, but also 100% real. With Janice, what you see is what you get. And her wild romp into the world of model wrangling proved to be some of Janice's best work.

The handful of episodes of JDMA I watched (online) covered a wide variety of experiences and emotions - everything from nudity and body image issues in modeling to the daily challenges of being a (working) mom. And she handled each new task, and each new day with the same aplomb, pluck and salty, sailor-on-shore-leave can-do attitude... and the results were always entertaining. I really have a new level of respect, admiration and diva-worship for Janice after watching this (short-lived) show.

Oh, and there's a ton of man-candy in every single episode, which is also nice. If you find yourself in front of your computer, with some time to kill, you can stream episodes and clips at Flick Peek (the show's page is here), I highly recommend checking in with the crew over at Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency.

For more images from this little gem of show, click here.

No comments: