Monday, October 10

BUCKLE UP, MY DEAR...

It's been a bumpy ride, so far...

OK, so I know its only October (and early October at that), but I heard something the other night that got me thinking about the past year. It was on the finale for, "The Sureal Life," on VH1. Although I gave up watching the show after Janice's second break-down (within the same episode), I found myself watching the last show. P!nk's boyfriend--whatever the hell his name is--sounds like he had a year much like mine: the kind that almost (literally) kills you.

A while back, I had started thinking, 'If that which doesn't kill me makes me stronger, can I just die now? I don't want to get any stronger.'

I know, I know... some pretty stinkin' thinkin' on my part.

I'm not gonna lie, sugar-coat or complain about the events of 2005. They are what they are, and I just can't... no, make that won't spend/waste any more of my time thinking about it. I've gone over every event, each day, in the hopes of finding-well, anything.

Wisdom. Maturity. Hope. A lesson. A laugh. A direction. A reason to go on... I looked for the wisdom and wonder in every aspect of my life, and found nothing. And no, I'm not being a drama queen, I really didn't get ANYTHING I can take with me into next year.

Or so I thought.

When things were at their worst for P!nk's boyfriend, he adopted this simple outlook: If I wake up, first of next year, and I still have a pulse, I have something to live for--so I'm gonna take control of my life...

Funny thing about him... his career of choice is off-road motorbike racing. His path is (literally) bumpy, from start to finish.

No comments: