Monday, January 16

IT'S A BOY!

I'm so thrilled to announce the arrival of my newest relative… my cousin Julie, and her husband, Doug had a beautiful baby boy this morning. (I don't have a picture yet, so I've posted these two shots of the day my mom brought my baby sister home from the hospital.)

His name is Thomas Robert StaubRobert, for Doug's family, and Thomas, after my mom's father, who passed last year. We would have just celebrated his birthday this month, so it is nice to welcome a new soul into our life. Thomas' older brother, James is very excited about the new arrival. He's two and a half, so I'm not sure he really understands how much his little world is about to change… all the family members who've been around for Christmas have been asking him if he's happy to get a new baby brother (he says yes). This is usually around the same time they handed him his Xmas gift, so I think he may have the idea that this brother is a gift, or comes with gifts… I'm not sure. All I know is that we're all really happy.

And that's enough for me.

No comments: