Thursday, December 22

PUT YOUR THING DOW, FLIP IT AND…


THE TUNES I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF, December Edition
In no particular order:

Cool [Richard X Mix] by Gwen Stefani – A tasty lil’ blend of sugary-sweet vocals, with some fatty-boom-batty breaks, to keep your head knockin’

Self Control by Laura Branigin – Yes, it’s the one you’re thinking of, from the 1980s. Can’t beat those over-cooked lyrics and Casio beats

Hung Up by Madonna vs My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas – an interesting, and oddly addictive mash up

Sorry / Jump / Like It or Not, from Confessions on a Dance Floor by Madonna – a great album. If you don’t already own a copy, go out and get one

La Tortura [Shaketon or Tracy Young Remix] by Shakira – I don’t have a clue as to what she’s moaning about, but I love, love, love this song

Everything Burns, from The Fantastic Four soundtrack by Anastacia feat Ben Moody – I’ve loved Anastacia, from the first time I heard her voice. But this song only served to deepen my appreciation for her talent (as a singer, and as a song writer), and showcase just how far she’s come as an artist

Do You Want To by Franz Ferdinand – I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of listening to this one

Mr. Brightside [Jacques Lu Cont Thin White Duke Mix] by the Killers – The Grammy nod for this remix made me fall in love with it, all over again. Lu Cont is a skilled remixer, and outstanding producer / arranger, and anyone who doesn’t think he deserves that Grammy should listen to the killer job he did on Madonna’s Re-Invention Tour

On the Dark Side from the Eddie & The Cruisers soundtrack – not only was the guy in this film hot, but it was a great song.

Star Tar, from Dames At Sea (Original Cast Recording) by Bernadette Peters – OK, so this one makes me a major queen, but after a call from an old college pal, I flashed-back to the time when I was in this show. On the final chorus, our lead belted through the vocal gymnastics as written (a series of octave-slides, from the bottom of the basement, up to notes above the staff) while turning cartwheels. Oh, and she stopped at the top of each vocal run… to twirl batons. The director said it best: Totally taste-free

No comments: