Saturday, June 20

BIRDHOUSE IN YOUR SOUL

Not to put too-fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet!

I've been catching up on the final episodes of one of my favorite (and now-canceled) programs, Pushing Daisies ... and I got so swept away with the beauty, romance and general wonder of the show that I went and downloaded the Season One Soundtrack.

Its made up mostly of instrumental music - music that won an Emmy, by the way - but there are a few vocal tracks that make it all worth while. One such track is Ellen Greene (formerly of Little Shop of Horrors, to name one) and Kristin Chenoweth (of Wicked, to name another) covering They Might Be Giants' "Birdhouse In Your Soul."

I love the original version well enough, but this new version absolutely swept me off my feet. Here's the video:



And here are some screencaptures I took of the DVD, using an amazing new application called Snap'n'Drag:

The second season comes out on DVD next month, and I can't wait!

Make a little birdhouse in your soul!

No comments: