Wednesday, October 18

ALL THAT GLITTERS...

While, uh, browsing a copy of my favorite reference series, I came across a story that made me giggle... yeah, I said it: giggle. A fully-grown man in his thirties, giggled. A lot. (OK, I'm only a year into my thirties, but I had to say something to counter-balance the image of me having a girly-giggle fit.) Filed under medical mishaps, or "The Doctor Is Out (Of His Mind)" I found the following:

A patient of a hospital in Orange County, Florida, sued the facility in 2005, saying they had wrongly injected cosmetic glitter into his buttocks.

The story goes on to say that the man (an undercover police officer, to boot) had gone in for a routine sinus surgery, but when administered a shot of Demeral (a pain med), something, "felt" wrong. Several months later, the cheek where the Demeral had been injected was swollen, and contained, "green and red sparkling matter."


The outcome? Well, all parties involved agreed that, yes, there was, in fact glitter in this cop's ass. But so much time had lapsed (between the surgery and the actual identification of glitter), there was no way to determine the source of the glitter. The guy lost his lawsuit.


My only lingering thought is this: A patient of a hospital in Orange County, Florida, sued the facility in 2005, saying they had wrongly injected cosmetic glitter into his buttocks. Is there a correct, or perhaps, preferred procedure to select to obtain a glittering gluteus?

1 comment:

Marz said...

LOL - that is hilarious. And where did you find that photo to go with the story?