Monday, October 9

G-G-G-GIVE IT WHAT U GOT!

Alright, here are my music picks (old and new tracks) for this month: I've provided links to check out a sample, whenever possible. Tracks marked with are available on iTunes.

Fergalicious by Fergie - Yeah, her solo album is hit-and-miss, but this is one of those tracks that just rocks the house. Contrary to what I've been hearing/reading, this song does NOT sample JJ Fad. This is an easy mistake to make, as the track has that ol' skool booty-bass sound to it. The song sample (the most) in "Fergalicious" is "Give It All You Got" by Afro-Rican

Never Win [Radio Edit/Mirwais Remix] by Fischerspooner -- a kickin' breaks-inspired electropop anit-victim song. Sweeet.

Girls Can Be Cruel [Extended Dub/King Unique Mix] by Infusion - This song has a very unusual cadence to it, and I could listen to it again, and again.

Shine [Freemasons Remix] by Luther Vandross - the Freemasons are my favorite remixers at the moment, and they've really outdone themselves with this one. A must-have for old scool house fans.

Deja Vu [Freemasons Remix] by Beyonce - another killer remix from the 'Masons.

I Don't Feel Like Dancing by the Scissor Sisters - it looks like this album may go big, and this tart, BeeGee's inspired song may be just the trick.

These Are The Days [Vocal Mix] by Quiiver - Yes, I spelled the name of the group correctlee... but seriously, I haven't heard anything from these guys in almost 4 years, but this is as good as anything they've done in the past. They're like a more talented version of Dirty Vegas.

Bossy [The Scumfrog Remix] by Kelis - still rockin' my iPod, all these months after I picked this track up.

I Think It's Gonna Rain... by Mama Cass - Cass Elliott. 'Nuff said.

One Headlight by The Wallflowers - for some reason, this song came back into my mind, and the lyrics fascinate me now more that when the song first came out.

Twist In My Sobriety by Tanita Takaram - this is a realy departure from what I normally listen to, but I found this artist on Tiga's iTunes playlist, and fell in love with this song.

Enjoy!

No comments: