Wednesday, November 5

STILL... NO... WORDS...


I've been walking around all morning, in a kind of cloud... disbelief, anger and grief wash over me. (We also lost a family member yesterday, so you can imagine how extra-emotional I am right now.)

I keep wondering... how?

How could a state that was the first to send two women to the senate do this?

How could the same voters who put the first black man in the White House return this verdict?

People keep saying to hold out hope - that the absentee ballots haven't been counted yet, and Prop 8 passed with a narrow margin. But how can I find hope in a world where this could even happen in the first place?

1 comment:

Scooter said...

Makes me really sad. It should have been a night of celebration all around. But this vote for discrimination left me cold.