Tuesday, May 26

CIRCLE OF JERKS

OK, so school is out for summer, so I've gone back to the gym. I don't have any illusions about what kind of gym I joined (white, straight, upper-middle class, conservative), I'm surprised by a couple of things I've noticed:

*the MMA Club (Mixed Martial Arts): A bunch of guys, rolling around on a mat with their head in each other's crotch, humping each legs, grunting... and what's not gay about this?

*circle jerks (not like you think, so just read on, you prude): groups of straight, muscled, tattooed guys, standing around a single machine/work out station, touching each other's muscles, showing off (and tracing with their fingers) tattoos and general guyness (grunting, touching, flexing, etc.).

I'm not going to comment any further on this, except to say, um... no, never mind.

No comments: