Saturday, May 14

HE'S A DANCIN MACHINE

OK, so I know nobody asked, but here's my list of cock-rockin' tunes for May (in no particular order):


Lazy [Freeform Five Remix] X-Press 2 feat David Byrne - A hot little white label, no-holds barred, tower-of-power horns house mix I've been trying to track down for about two years now. Amazing.

Tipsy [Original Version] J-Kwon - Every boy needs a booty shakin' track to play as he towels off after his morning shower.

Everything's Not You [Quivver Space Mix] Quiver - Another track, from a few years back, rockin' my world even HARDER, now that I've got a copy to call my own. Decadent vocals, epic breakdown and a killer build-up... I'm in heaven.

Galvanize [Album Version] Chemical Brothers feat Q-Tip - Phat, freaky, wet, wicked and wild. This one really gets the blood pumpin. Everytime I hear it, I get so amped up, I forget that I don't know what it is REALLY about, too busy thrashin' around to listen for clues.

Give It Away [Album Version / Extended Club Mix] Deepest Blue - I first heard this one, as part of a mash-up featuring the vocals from iiO's "Rapture," which filled my head and haunted my soul until I found the original version. And it haunts me still.

and finally . . .

If I Can't Sell It, I'll Keep Sitting On It from the Broadway production of "Just Between Friends," starring the incomparable Bea Arthur. You have to hear this one to appreciate it, but trust me when I say it is delicious. (You can buy it at the iTunes music store for only 99c, so check it out!)

No comments: