Thursday, February 21

FEBRUARY TUNES

February is the shortest month of the year (only slightly longer, every fourth year), so here's a short list of music I'm into this month, both new and old.

Why Can't This Be Love by Van Halen - Don't ask me why this rockin' classic crept back into my mind (and on to my iPod) this month... I have no idea. But what I do know is that this song rocks, all these years later. One of the incarnations of Van Halen is on the road, touring again after many years and many different lead singers. But if I were going to plunk down money on a ticket, it would be for Kathy Griffin or Aretha Franklin, both of whom just came through town recently.

Joy & Pain by Rob Base feat DJ EZ Rock - Another super-ol'skool, slammin' hit from my days as a teen. While not the floor-filler, rump shaker as his earlier hit, "It Takes Two," Rob Base brings the funk on this one.

Apologize by Timbaland presents OneRepublic - This song came out a while ago, but took some time to creep into my head. I'm not a huge fan of the "drums" on this track, but love the lyrics and the vocal. This track appears on both OneRepublic's album, as well as the mega-hit producing album "Shock Value," Timbaland's first studio album in many years. There's a great playlist on iTunes called, "If You Like One Republic" that I highly recommend for any R&B pop fan.

What Goes Around... Comes Around by Justin Timberlake - Let me go on record and say how much I can't stand Justin Timberlake! Bringing sexy back? You failed, so shave, get a new look and take a damn vacation you over-grown Mousketeer! Having said that, this song found its way onto my playlists, and I'm not hating it.

Hey Baby (Jump Off) by Bow Wow & Omarion - I'm not a huge fan of either of these artists, but this jam rocks the joint, thanks to an ol'skool L.L. Cool J sample.

Shake Your Pom-Pom by Missy Elliott -
I'm a huge Miss E fan, so I'm anxiously awaiting her new album. This track is classic, hot Miss E, and (for the moment) can only be heard on the "Step Up 2 The Streets Soundtrack", or on the end of the "Ching-A-Ling" video.

No comments: