Friday, September 12

YOU GO, BARBARA

According to Fox Noise (here), ABC news legend and producer of The View, Barbara Walters had a little talk with Survivor loser (well, all-around loser), and nut job Elisabeth Hasslebeck. After a recent episode where Hasslebeck got a little hot under the collar during a political discussion, Walters told Elisabeth to, "cool it, or start looking for a new job."

Now, I'm not a big fan of censorship of any kind, but then again, I'm not a journalism legend, or producer of a major, national TV talk show. And Hasslebeck needed to be shut up. It's not just that I disagree with her views, I don't like the way she expresses them: shouting and slapping her hands on the table, with little or no regard for the actual truth.

And she's pretty much a mouthpiece for the Republican National Committee. I've heard talking points come from the Bush White House, only to spill out of Hasslebeck's mouth the next morning. (I mean, if you're going to try to be a political force, maybe you should come up with your own talking points. Or at least paraphrase the ones you're given, so it sounds like you're capable of an original thought.)

But I guess I don't have to worry about that moron flapping her yap anymore. Baba Wawa is on the case.

No comments: