Sunday, February 12

TIME GOES BY… SO SLOWLY

Well, it was interesting, for lack of a more, uh, interesting word. From the screen capture accompanying this post, you probably guessed I was talking about Madonna's much-hyped appearance on last week's Grammy Telecast.

I wondered how they were going to stage the performance, and what the song would sound like. As it turned out, there wasn't much of a cross-over -- thirty seconds, if that, and the whole thing felt a little underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong-I thought she did a pretty good job. Well, actually, when you consider the fact she's pushing 50 years-old, it was an amazing performance. A little throaty, as far as the vocals went. And when I was scanning the performance for screen shots (I've got a collage of three other shots on my flickr account), I noticed she had her eyes closed. Alot.

I didn't watch the rest of the telecast -- didn't see much point in it, what with Mariah Carey (and her enterouge of 28 prodcer / song writers) up for so many awards. This picture got me thinking, though... If right now (after nearly 50 up-and-down years), Madonna looks like Paris Hilton (stripper pole and everything), what's Paris Hilton gonna look like when she's 50?

Previously

Your Ears Won't Believe Your Eyes…


Go Back In the Day

Girl, You So Crazy Mariah Carey post

This Is Her Album, Clap For It!

No comments: