Thursday, October 16

HOW DO YOU SAME 'LAME' IN SPANISH?

So I just go a text from Verizon Wireless saying, "It's Hispanic Heritage Month! Did you know you can get your bill, online services and phone services in Spanish?"

Um, yes, I did. But I've been with you since the late 90s - when you were AirTouch Cellular - and I've never asked for services in Spanish. And it took you this long to figure out when Hispanic Heritage Month was?

And lastly, did anyone at Verizon ever consider that some of us darkies find the term 'Hispanic' offensive?

Sheesh.

3 comments:

M said...

They are a big bureaucracy, just like the federal govt. who made up the term...

I wonder why I didn't get that text?

joe*to*hell said...

i LOVE that you said darkie. maybe you shoudl start darkie heritage month!

i love when any group of people refers to themselves in the derogatory. takes the sting and flips it

love, a faggot

M said...

BTW - I got the same text message you did...yesterday.