Monday, January 26

OSCAR ROUNDTABLE

I just finished reading Newskeek Magazine's yearly Oscar Roundtable. This year (the 12th year) featured Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler), Anne Hathaway (Rachel Getting Married), Robert Downey Jr. (Topic Thunder, more on that debacle, later), Sally Hawkins (Happy-Go-Lucky), Brad Pitt (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and Anthony Langella (Frost/Nixon).

My general thoughts (general, so as not to spoil the article for the rest of you):
  • Anthony Langella sounds like a complete turd. He starts pretty much every other answer with some shot about how he's "been in this game the longest" or some bullsh!t like that
  • Brad Pitt sounds like someone I'd love to have a drink with (anyone who throws a circumcision joke into a formal interview is my kinda guy!)
  • Anne Hathaway needs to get over her bad press (we love you, but not enough to feel sorry for you)
  • Sally Hawkins actually made me go and put her film in the Netflix cue (don't listen to Mickey Rourke, LA is a fine place to live... sometimes)
  • I didn't get a sense of Rourke of Downey Jr., except for a hilarious story Robert Downey Jr. told about being "Brown Betty" for two days after some bad beef in Japan.
Overall, I think this year's roundtable was great. If you have a subscription to Newsweek, or have the chance to pick up a copy, I highly recommend this article.

No comments: