Saturday, May 17

MEXI-GRILLED WHAT, NOW?

Last week, when I went down to L.A.X., I stopped at the Taco Bell just outside the airport. Trips to Taco Bell (and Del Taco) aren't that out of the ordinary for me... but this trip proved to be something special. As I walked in the door, I was greeted by a woman with a clipboard. "Would you be willing to try a new product today?," she asked.

Me: What is it?

Taco Bell Woman: They actually ask that we not tell you that. I just need to know if you have any strong feelings about dairy, chicken and cheese.

Me: Strong feelings? I'll say!

Taco Bell Woman: Oh.

Me: Now, when I say I have strong feelings, I mean I love dairy, cheese and chicken.

She proceeded to hand me a packet filled with questions about my fast food eating habits and various questions about Taco Bell products and the quality and cost of their food. The questionnaire also asked about the product, which was new, spicy chicken soft taco.

How much would I be willing to pay for this product? At what price would the product be too cheap, and would I begin to wonder about the quality of the food? The packet also asked me to vote on one of four names, including something about a spicy, Mexi-Grilled soft taco.

I ate the taco (it was way yummers), filled out the packet and got a couple of Taco Bell Bucks for my trouble. They said the product would hit the market next year some time, so keep your eyes peeled for it.

No comments: