Tuesday, June 19

JUNE TUNES

Alright... I'm still a little under the weather, but this post had to happen, as June is almost over. The art for this post is from Dashboard Confessional's Dusk & Summer, the album which contains one of this month's tunes. Aside from being a great album, the front-man for the group is a great guy (it's kind of like Nine Inch Nails, in that the "band" is made up of one guy and session players, depending on the needs of the song). Before becoming a rock star, he worked with special needs children. The fact that he's kind of a hottie doesn't hurt either.

The tune from this album that's making waves, and making my must-have list this month is Stolen. It's a sweet, heartfelt, passion-filled ballad, perfect for a dreamy sunset, or end of the night beach-bonfire. It's a little like Wicked Game by Chris Isaac, but without the whining. It's beautiful and haunting without being overly depressing.

Girlfriend [Remix] Avril Lavigne feat Lil' Mama - when I put Lil' Mama, and the original version of this song on my music list last month, I never imagine these two artists would team up for a remix, but they did... and it kicks @ss. If you don't already own this song, go for it

Glamorous [Album Version] Fergie - I love this song, although the guest rap by Ludacris doesn't really do it for me. I live for the verse where she talks about how she still goes to the Taco Bell drive-thru

Here I Come [Album Version] Fergie & Will.i.am - Not really a remake of the Motown classic, so much as a major overhaul, I've been looking for this song for over a year now. And with good reason... it was originally recorded as a promo-only for the launch of the CW Network, and the re-recorded for Fergie's album, The Dutchess. This new version was featured on Ugly Betty this season, and I knew right then, I had to have it.

Back To Black [Album Version] Amy Winehouse - yes, this song is on the list (again), but it's that good.

Beautiful Liar [Freemasons Club Edit] Beyonce & Shakira - I liked this one when it first came out, but I really freaked out over it when I heard this kick-@ss remix. But then again, I love anything the Freemasons remix. (I'll blog more about them, and their new album later.)

This Love and Time Of the Season [Album Versions] Blake Lewis - from the new American Idol CDs, also available on iTunes for downloading as an album, or as singles. I'm not very impressed with the rest of the tracks, as they are studio versions of the TV performances, especially when it comes to You Give Love A Bad Name--I didn't care for it then, and I'm even less impressed now.

Earth Intruders [Album Version] Björk - Never for the faint-of-heart, and always a layered listening experience, Björk has delivered another stand-out album, and this first track is no exception.

Tambourine [Album Version] Eve - The Rough Riders diva is back, and badder than ever. Although the single dropped in April, a recent episode of So You Think You Can Dance featured the song, and the video is getting heavier rotation; both are good signs for Eve's new (yet to be released) album.

No comments: