Friday, June 22

MILLION DOLLAR LESSON

In a previous post, I wrote about my disgust for Bravo's Million Dollar Listing. The show was a celebration of the worst of Los Angeles: greed, self-indulgence and overweight, ugly people overcompensating for their shortcomings with conspicuous consumption. (Not that I have anything against overweight, ugly people... but I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly!)

I remember that VH1 had a real estate reality program airing just after Bravo's, but I didn't watch. I figured one lame show was as good as another. But, as it turns out, I wasn't correct in my assumption. I watched an episode of Really Rich Real Estate recently, and it was great!

It had everything Million Dollar Listing lacked: hot real estate, celebrities, diva home owners and plenty of down-and-dirty deals. It was actually fun to watch, unlike Bravo's lame attempt. Now, I'm not saying I'm into real estate, or that I'm going to waste any more time watching either of these shows. There are plenty of other great shows I want to see, and real estate really isn't on the top of my list of personal interest. (I mean, did you see the last episode of My Life On the D-List?)

I'm glad I gave VH1's show a chance, despite the prejudices formed by Million Dollar Listings. It's an important reminder about assumptions and junk.

Happy watching!

No comments: