Friday, June 29

NERD ALERT: iPHONE

I made the mistake of going to the Old Navy at the Northridge mall this afternoon. (What can I say, I needed some cute, cheap summer T's, and Old Navy is usually the best bet for this.) I say it was a mistake because it is right next to the Apple Store...

Today was also the day Apple's new iPhone was released. There was a line down the length of the mall, out the door, and down the side. And while it didn't get in my way, I couldn't help but wonder what all the fuss was about. I mean, I have an iPod, and a web-ready phone. Does anyone really need an iPod, that web browses and makes calls... and costs $650 before service fees and charges. I especially wonder about the wisdom of purchasing this item, when Apple has already announced an "upgrade" to the phone... but announced it before it came out. There's no doubt in my mind that a cheaper, better version of this product will be released in the next year... so I guess these people were waiting in line just to have it first. Which kind of makes me wonder if this product is really worth having at all.

[These images are taken from various web sites, featuring the lines outside the NYC store.]

No comments: