Tuesday, September 18

AND THE EMMY FOR BIGGEST FLOP GOES TO...

Fox and Ryan Seacrest! Yes, folks - I hate to say, "I told you so," but... OK, I actually have no problem saying it in this case: I was right, Fox was wrong. Ryan Seacrest, it turns out, did not attract a bigger, younger audience for this year's Emmy telecast.

Yes, this year's ratings dropped from last year's by over 3 per cent. Now, that may not sound like a lot, but in terms of a year-to-year ratings slide, that's huge... especially when you consider the fact that this show only comes on once a year, and was heavily hyped by Fox.

Perhaps (and one can only hope) Fox, and the entertainment community at large, will realize a couple of things:

1. Ryan Seacrest has no talent, whatsoever.
2. American Idol is a ratings winner, in spite of Ryan Seacrest.
3. I was right.

OK, maybe that last one won't sink in. But at least we can hope for the first two, right?

No comments: