Thursday, September 13

SEPTEMBER (SECRET) TUNE


I usually start each month by posting a list of tunes I'm jamming to, or songs I think people should (and would) like to hear... but this month, I've been avoiding this particular post. Lately, my iPod has been pumpin' the ol'skool jams, and all other music listening revolved around soundtracks like Wicked, or High School Musical 2. (That last one is with my cousin's kids.)

But one new song has been on my mind, and in heavy rotation on my computer. Yes, as much as I hat to admit it, I'm really feelin' Britney Train-Wreck Spears' new tune, Gimme' More. Her vocals are (as in the past), canned and over produced, but the track still manages to shine. The smooth, sexy synth bass and dark, electro bubbles glide over the slick beats and sultry lyrics, creating a true pop experience. I don't know who is behind the track (yet), but as long as Britney cleans up her act, she has a real shot at surviving the current sh!t storm she finds herself in.

I'll post a list of classic, and nu-school jams later in the month.

No comments: