Tuesday, October 23

OCTOBER MUSIC BONUS!

I know I haven't posted many new music picks... mostly 'cuz the stuff that's been coming out as of late blows. (Kanye West? Really? Is that the best we can do?) But I've also been researching and tracking down some older (or old-ish) tracks and remixes. So here, in no particular order, are the bonus tracks rockin' my decks:

Wham! Bar [12" Remix] Mint Royale - This is essentially a whacked-out remix of Wham!'s Wham! Rap that rocks even harder than the original. I first heard it on the DJ Cruze podcast, and it took me about 6 months to track down a promo CDR to call my own.

Walk A Mile In My Shoes
[Original / Tiga Remix] Coldcut - This song is both haunting, while remaining a true electronica gem. The original vocal is more mellow, and Tiga's remix really drops it on the 4's.

Another Bites The Dust [Miami Project Remix] Queen - Not like the original didn't rock, but this new souped-up version totally kills it.

Miss You [Jacques Lu Cont Thin White Duke Mix] Mirwais - I found this (a shorter, sped-up DJ version) on a mix disc, and when I tracked down the original, it was super slow... a real snooze. But I dropped it in DJ Tracktor (software) and brought it to a more palatable speed.

4 In the Morning [Jacques Lu Cont Thin White Duke Mix] Gwen Stefani - This one was easy to find, but took a while to grow on me. I think it might be on iTurds soon.

The following remixes by Bimbo Jones also came my way, thanks to some more promo CDRs. Bimbo Jones is an adequate remixer and producer - he's a little to obvious for my tastes, like Thunderpuss used to be, but he picks some killer pop tracks and turns them into dance floor fillahs. They are:
U+Ur Hand [Club Mix] P!nk - she's still got it
Come Back To Me [Club Mix] Vanessa Hudgens - no comment
Like A Boy [Club Mix] Ciara - another great Bimbo-Ciara stormer
Grace Kelly [Club Mix] Mika - OK, so this isn't a new one on my list, but it still rocks

No comments: