Wednesday, April 2

APRIL TUNES

Fuego (Album Version) The Cheetah Girls - The more I hear this song, the more I love it. Yes, it (heavily) samples Lionel Richie's All Night Long, but this song is a fresh take on a classic melody.

4 Minutes (Album Version) Madonna feat Justin Timberlake - I'm sad that Madonna is using this song to shill Sunsilk hair products, before the song is even out, but I must admit this song kinda rocks. Kinda...

I recently discovered a bunch of remixes by Bimbo Jones, one of my favorite remixers. Bimbo Jones takes hot pop music, and remixes the sh!t out of them (in a good way). Here are some of the remixes by B-Jones currently rocking my iPod:
Come Back To Me (Club Mix) Vanessa Hudgens
Piece Of Me (Club Mix) Britney Spears
Like A Boy (Club Mix) Ciara
U+Ur Hand (Club Mix) P!nk

Cities In Dust (Album Version) Siouxsie & the Banshees - A classic 80s alternative rock song, still rocking me out, after all these years. I'm not going to pretend to have been so cool as to have liked the song back then, but I remember loving the strange melody, and not knowing what the lyrics were. Now that I'm older, and I've tracked the song (and its lyrics) down, I love this song.

Do You Want To (Album Version / Mirwais Remix) Franz Ferdinand - This song came out a while ago, but something about its upbeat, crazy (mildly homo) energy gets me bouncing, first thing in the morning. Better than caffeine, if you ask me

Stranger (Smax & Gold Remix) Hilary Duff - I love, love, love this remix, and I've become borderline obsessed with it, when I'm driving. I'm not a huge Hilary Duff fan, but this last album of hers has some gems.

Hi N Bye (Smax & Gold Remix) Till West & Eddie Thoenick feat Alexandra Price - Another remix obsession of mine: great breaks, hot vocals and synths, but the disco string and horns breakdown in the middle is to die for.

No comments: