Tuesday, July 31

DOMO ARIGATO MR. ROBOTO

I was watching the news today, and while flipping around during the commercial break I cam across a documentary on Leonardo da Vinci and his many inventions.

While exploring the intricacies of some of the crude machines he built, they called in a, "ancient robotics expert." While I understand the actual, literal and academic meaning of this title... I laughed my @ss off anyway. I mean, imagine how absolute nerdtastic you'd sound at a party, meeting someone new:

Nice to meet you. What is it you do for a living?

Me? Oh, I'm an ancient robotics expert.


Uh, yeah. Of course you are. And I'm an ancient Roman bowling alley and Nintendo expert. I mean, the Mario Brothers are Italian, after all. Someone please sound the nerd alert.


Epilogue: A simple search, of both Google and Wikipedia for the term, ancient robots, turned up some wonky Google matches and the following Wiki-matches: robot, list of fictional robots and androids, list of Doctor Who robots, Lego Exo-Force, Transformers: Robots in disguise and List of Astro Boy episodes. Who, exactly declared Wikipedia useful?

No comments: