Tuesday, July 24

F**CK YOU TOO, AMERICA!

Well, I just saw the weekend box office tally: I was hoping that we, as a country, had grown past our fascination with homophobia... but it appears we have not.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, or Homophobia! The Movie, as I like to call it was number one at the box office. Maybe people just really like Adam Sandler. I mean, he occasionally is entertaining. Or maybe it was a deep desire to see Rob Schneider do a racist impression of an Asian man. Or maybe they just really miss ol' fatty boom batty from The King of Queens. (There is a really great, deep well of jokes to be had with that part, but I'll spare us all.)

All I can say is that it is summer, and people's brains are obviously on vacation... or as a country, we just need to grow the hell up!

No comments: