Thursday, July 5

TV UPDATE: Enter the Doctor

I'll admit, I was almost ready to throw up my hands, give up and go watch Dead Like Me DVDs. The summer season was shaping up to be a boring, long exercise in patience. I'm just waiting until Battlestar Galactica returns. By the way, if you're thinking of catching up, there are about 55 episodes, including the mini-series. And the show returns in October, so you'll have to watch about 3-4 hours a week to do so. If you're already seen Season 3, you've got Season Two (20 episodes), Season One (13 episodes) and The Mini-Series (3 episodes) to watch. Good luck, with however many episodes you've seen.

Personally, I will be whittling down my watching list, soon, as a couple of more shows are debuting... one of which is the BBC's Dr. Who. (This can be seen in the USA on Sci-Fi Channel.) I'm excited to see how the series opens, after last year's amazing two-part finale, featuring the "death" of the Doctor's longtime sidekick and love-interest, Rose Tyler. I prefer this new doctor to the prior one (they switch actors every so often, but you'll have to watch the show to understand why. Well, actually, I've watched a couple of seasons now, and I still don't completely understand it all).

But most of all, I just glad to have a familiar face back. Hey Paula! - the show following Paula Abdul is already getting predictable, after just two episodes, and Paula Deen is in repeats.

Happy Viewing!

1 comment:

Marz said...

The Doctor is getting reviews. I know I am looking forward to the new seasons. I love the shows that run in the summer, means I don't have to miss any because of homework.