Sunday, August 19

DOLLY... or DALI?

For my 301st post (yes, it has been three years, at about one hundred posts as year), I've decided to feature a quiz from the BRI. The following twelve quotes are either from Dolly Parton, or Salvador Dali, the famous painter. And just for fun, there's one quote from the Dali Lama. See if you can guess the correct answer. For the correct answers, check here.

1. "The way I see it, if you want a rainbow, you gotta paint up the rain."

2. "I don't do drugs, I am drugs."

3. "Democratic societies are unfit for the publication of such thunderous revelations as I am in the habit of making."

4. "We never actually starved, but sometimes we never had quite enough to eat."

5. "I seated ugliness on my knee, and almost immediately grew tired of it."

6. "When I'm inspired, I get excited because I can't wait to see what I'll come up with next."

7. "When people say less is more, I say more is more. Less is less. I want more."

8. "It is good taste, and good taste along, that possesses the power to sterilize and is always the first handicap to any creative functioning."

9. "There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction."

10. "Even though a bird can fly, it must land on Earth."

11. "I may be an eagle when I fly, but I'm a sparrow when it comes to feelings."

12. "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."

For the correct answers, check here.

No comments: